Southeastern Children’s Home exists because of people like you! Please consider partnering with us by making a financial contribution. Click HERE to make a donation.
Include Southeastern Children’s Home in your will or estate plan. If you have questions or concerns about how to create a will or how to add Southeastern Children’s Home into your estate plan, please contact Philip Murphy at 864.439.0259.
We gladly accept in-kind donations. Please contact us if you need us to pick up your items for our Yard Sale or Auction.
We are currently in need of the following supplies:
- Dishwasher detergent
- Liquid laundry detergent
- Anti-bacterial hand soap
- Trash bags (13 gallon and 32 gallon)
- Cleaning supplies
- Push/Riding Lawn Mowers
- Used vans or cars
From its beginning in 1968, Southeastern Children’s Home has relied on the support of churches in the Carolinas and the Southeast. We continue to need your prayers, encouragement, involvement, and support as partners in this ministry to hurting and needy children and youth and their families.
Benevolence and evangelism are two of the basic ministries of every congregation. A unique partnership in these two ministries is formed with Southeastern Children’s Home when congregations give support in one or more ways suggested.
Helping others is at the very heart of New Testament Christianity. In our modern society it is often difficult to directly serve needy children and youth. By partnering with Southeastern Children’s Home a congregation can extend its benevolence ministry in an effective way.
Children and youth placed with Southeastern Children’s Home come under the persistent and powerful influence of the gospel of Christ. Houseparents are faithful members of a local congregation. Attending worship and Bible study is the normal routine of cottage life. Bible camp, VBS, youth activities, cottage devotionals, and Christian examples are all a part of the daily exposure to God’s word and how it is lived out in our lives.
Here are a few ways your church can be involved at Southeastern Children’s Home.
- Participate in our Change for Children campaign;
- Sponsor a child for Christmas;
- Have a Super Sack Sunday and encourage your congregation to bring non-perishable items for donation;
- Take up a special collection for the children of Southeastern Children’s Home;
- Add Southeastern Children’s Home to your church’s annual budget.
For information on how your congregation can be involved, contact Christy Nodine, Development Associate at 864. 439.0259 or email@example.com.
Ways to help
Organizations of all types, whether social, civic, or benevolent can support the mission of Southeastern Children’s Home in many ways:
- Sponsoring a youth to provide for clothing, birthdays or special needs.
- Providing special equipment such as computers or recreational equipment.
- Doing a major project such as finishing out a recreational area in the Family Service Center on campus.
- Providing work groups for landscaping or general maintenance on campus.
- Providing Christmas gifts for the children living at Southeastern.
- Providing auction items for the annual auction.
“Southeastern Children’s Home has been described as the community’s best kept secret!”
Southeastern Children’s Home (SECH) is proud to be a part of the upstate Spartanburg- Greenville-Anderson community. The greater Spartanburg-Greenville-Anderson area community has supported the mission of SECH since the building of the Duncan Campus in 1985. The 50 acre campus is located about 1 1/2 miles from downtown Duncan off of Wood’s Chapel Road. A majority of the children, youth, and their families served by SECH are residents of this part of the upstate. The services provided by Southeastern Children’s Home including residential care, adoption, and counseling make a positive contribution to this community.
Contact our office today to learn more about matching gifts, community service opportunities, and corporate sponsorships.
Southeastern Children’s Home will be glad to provide a speaker for a meeting of your organization. The following topics, among others, might be of interest to your organization:
- The State of Child Care in South Carolina
- The Mission and Program of Southeastern Children’s Home
- Values First Preparation for Financial and Estate Planning
For questions and scheduling purposes please contact Christy Nodine, Development Associate at 864.439.0259.
Reasons and rewards of volunteering
SECH appreciates those who volunteer their time, talents, energy and enthusiasm to help in our mission of caring for needy children and families.
Some of the reasons and rewards of volunteering are:
- It’s good for you, providing physical and mental rewards.
- It saves resources. The money saved can be spent in serving children’s needs.
- Experience is gained in areas you are not ordinarily involved in.
- It brings people together, creating friendships and camaraderie.
- You get a chance to give back to those in need.
Following are some volunteer needs at SECH:
- Group/Individual projects such as: campus clean up, small repairs/building projects
- Sponsor a child, send encouragement cards, and fill wish lists with items for birthdays, special occasions, holidays, Christmas wishes, or clothing needs.
- Organize collections of personal care items with your church or social club.
- Volunteer during events – various opportunities available read more
Southeastern Children’s Home Policy on Confidentiality
It is the policy of Southeastern Children’s Home, Inc. to protect the confidential nature of all information on clients and donors of this agency. No board member, staff member, or volunteer shall directly or indirectly disclose any confidential information, for so long as it shall remain protectable as confidential, except as may be necessary for the performance of his/her duties with Southeastern Children’s Home.
All requests to remain anonymous shall be honored. Southeastern Children’s Home does not sell or share donor lists with external parties. Donors who supply Southeastern Children’s Home their postal addresses or email addresses may be contacted periodically for solicitation purposes and/or with information regarding upcoming events. Donors that are not interested in being contacted on a periodic basis can request this at the time of the donation.
Donors may appear in our quarterly newsletters. If donors do not want this recognition, donors can request their names be withheld, and the donations will appear as “Anonymous.”
Southeastern Children’s Home will neither share nor sell any donor personal information.
- Southeastern Children’s Home uses performance cookies to help monitor the traffic generated from visits to the website. However, these cookies do not tell Southeastern Children’s Home who a visitor is, the visitor’s name, email addresses or passwords.
Use of Information:
- Southeastern Children’s Home only collects personal information if sent directly to the organization by completing an online form or generating an email. Information may be used for organization communication. You may opt out
- Southeastern Children’s Home will not provide or sell to any third party your personal information and will keep the information confidential.
- Southeastern Children’s Home takes precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
- We do not collect your credit card information. Donations are made through a third party site with safety in place.
- Our employees who access your information for a specific job (for example, donating or billing) are protected under our confidentiality policy.
- The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
We are happy to provide our financial statements to our partners. If you would like a copy of our most recent 990 or Annual Audited Financial Statement, please email us your request.